Thursday 10 February 2011

Whats it going to cost?


Thought I might try to work out the costings (it will also give me a rough idea of how many pennies I need to save) Oh well, here goes, (I am prepared to start worrying)

Ferries.......Isle of Man to Heysham and return from Liverpool...£207.00

Hull to Rotterdam and return from Zeebrugge....£306.90 (however that includes evening meal, breakfast and a cabin)

Stockholm to Tallinn....£165.00 (also includes meals and a cabin)

Expect to cover 3500 miles, so roughly 100 gals of fuel, at approx £5.00 per gallon.....£500.00.

I intend to spend 21 nights camping, prices appear to be about £10.00 per night, so £210.00.

The remaining 10 nights will be (cheap hotels) at about £30.00 per night, so a further £300.00.

So, a grand total of £1689.00, plus food and entertainment. So all in all not too bad, even better when you consider that I have already paid the ferry fares.........not as bad as I first thought then.

I suppose really that I should also factor in a pair of tyres that I will need to fit before the trip. (I can put the old tyres back on when I return as they are OK but would not cover 3500 miles.)

I should also include a trip I need to make to Norfolk in order to rectify an inherent fault with the wiring loom on the Blackbird.

I may also treat myself to yet another tent, even though the 3 berth tent I used in France last year is still good to go. (see above picture) We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment