Thursday 31 March 2011

Baby is sorted

Well, my beautiful blackbird is back home after her nose job, and she looks fantastic!! Took her to Azzy paints in Douglas and he was able to plastic weld the split in the fairing, and re-sprayed the complete nosecone. He has done a fantastic job and I cannot see where the damage was at all, she looks as good as new. I promise that I will be more careful in future. Blackie gets taxed tomorrow as the Isle of Man Gov have reduced the tax on large bikes from £96.00 a year lastyear, down to a more reasonable £60.00. for this year. This change followed a public outcry, it ended up costing more to tax a bike than it did for a similar engine size car....no sense at all. My tax ran out in November and I did not renew it as I was not using the bike due to my arm injury, and also because of the horrible weather over the winter months. Hopefully the weather will start improving now that April is on the doorstep, and I can get out on the bike a bit and put a few miles on her clock. Chris and I are off to Northern Ireland in May for the Northwest 200 road races, and on our return I will have a pair of new tyres fitted for my trip in June.......the clock is certainly ticking folks....not long to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment