Saturday 2 July 2011

Puss in Boots!!

Moody picture taken this morning on the road to Bojnice, as you can see, still no blue sky!! Up and out in waterproofs again this morning after another good breakfast. It was only mizzling for the first few kms and then stopped, however, there was still quite a bit of spray about until the roads eventually dried.
Whilst on a section of motorway I saw a warning sign for otters, now there is a new one for me, have seen warnings for moose, deer and cattle and now otter, wander how big they must be to warn you about them?

Had to stop for a quick confort break so thought it was about time you saw blackie all loaded up for the journey. The panniers are in fact about half empty, the roll on the back is my camping gear, and in the tankbag, things I might need like GPS, camera and locks.


Arrived at the town of Bojnice, where I am staying tonight, it had been recommended that I also take in the fairy tale castle in the town, I could have picked a better day I can tell you.


When I arrived at the castle there was quite a long queue, mainly families with young children, I wandered up to the front of the queue and the only sign I understood was one saying that no information in the castle was in English, thats a great help then. Due to the queue I assumed that it was like the castle in Krakow, where they only allow so many through at a time, to me this made sense as about every half hour another batch were admitted.

As I got near to the front I clocked a picture of Puss in Boots on a small poster together with todays and tomorrows dates, and as I eventually paid to get in I found that the play Puss in Boots was being put on today and tomorrow for the kids. All OK except that the play is performed in sequence in the rooms throughout the castle and on the route that I needed to take in order to see the castle, that meant that I had to watch the play as well.
The reason that they were only letting so many through at a time is that there were 4 performances of the play all going on at the same time, so that when one group has seen a scene and move on another group come in behind and see the same scene but with differant players.

Well, from what I could understand, the play was performed very well, the only downside for me was that obviously it was all in Slovakian and I understood not one word. The kids all seemed to enjoy it though.

From what I saw of the castle, it was very impressive, however I think that I would have rather seen without Puss in Boots, or is that me being fussy.

Just for a change, here is a view from my guest house room for tonight, at least I can see the mountains tonight, the last place they were covered in mist all the time.

Tomorrow I head for Olomouc in the Czech republic, I have just managed to book a hotel room for tomorrow night for £23.00 inc breakfast. I can only imagine what it will be for that, but as camping would cost me £12.00, who cares.







1 comment:

  1. Happy Saturdays, Blackie looks in fine fettle despite the long journey and many countries. You are obviously looking after her. Nice fairy tale castle but the wrong week-end. I shall refrain from any comments about puss or boots. I think it's time you had another hot chocolate - those mountains look like they mean business. Keep safe and now you turn for home. God Bless, Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete